East Coast Buggaz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP NEEDED WITH FRONT BEARING/DRUM

5 posters

Go down

HELP NEEDED WITH FRONT BEARING/DRUM Empty HELP NEEDED WITH FRONT BEARING/DRUM

Post  The zer Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:08 am

Anyone got any ideas its fookin stuck.Brake drum is welded i think.When i found out it was the bearing gone it was double hot,So im thinking its just welded itself together.Anyone that can help would be appreciated....Im west winch,07944 290311.....Cheers
The zer
The zer
Club Regular
Club Regular

Back to top Go down

HELP NEEDED WITH FRONT BEARING/DRUM Empty Re: HELP NEEDED WITH FRONT BEARING/DRUM

Post  The zer Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:28 am

Can everyone stop turning up now please.The A10 is at a standstill and my kettle has exploded......No more help.(this is a sarcastic comment)Still need help.....Anyone at all?
The zer
The zer
Club Regular
Club Regular

Back to top Go down

HELP NEEDED WITH FRONT BEARING/DRUM Empty Re: HELP NEEDED WITH FRONT BEARING/DRUM

Post  dominicmelton Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:18 am

im sure youve tried this, but i spent 20 minutes trying to get my brake drum off, before realising i still had my handbrake on...

just an idea.
dominicmelton
dominicmelton
Cal Looker
Cal Looker

Back to top Go down

Post  Eggie Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:27 am

Front or rear bearing?
If its the rear could be stuck on the splines of the halfshafts, slide hammers your best bet! Got one at work I can drop off tomorrow on the way home, let me know, Kelly has my number!
Eggie
Eggie

Back to top Go down

Post  The zer Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:40 am

Cheers guys its front drums so handbrake not the prob,But because it got so hot i think its welded on.Ive tried my blow torch on it and still no luck.Thanks for offer of slide hammer Eggie,But im from london, everyones got a slide hammer lol.Ive got James coming today with a puller see what happens.Thanks anyway.
The zer
The zer
Club Regular
Club Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  blacky Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:57 pm

it took abit of budging but came of in the end Wink
blacky
blacky
Club Regular
Club Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Rigamortiz Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:17 pm

Glad to hear it got sorted Cool

Rigamortiz
Cal Looker
Cal Looker

Back to top Go down

Post  The zer Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:15 pm

Thanks for the help James,Got it sorted in the end.Got new bearings arriving 2moro so sometime this week ill sort it.
The zer
The zer
Club Regular
Club Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Eggie Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:21 pm

The zer wrote:Cheers guys its front drums so handbrake not the prob,But because it got so hot i think its welded on.Ive tried my blow torch on it and still no luck.Thanks for offer of slide hammer Eggie,But im from london, everyones got a slide hammer lol.Ive got James coming today with a puller see what happens.Thanks anyway.

Firstly, I must make sure I read post twice before commenting ( Clearly states front bearing!)
Secondly, sorry Gary, forgot you were an immigrant Laughing
Thirdly, I'll get my coat! Embarassed
Eggie
Eggie

Back to top Go down

Post  The zer Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:17 pm

Hello Kev i need to borrow your super doopa tool for putting bearings in/on.Anychance u could drop it off or gis a bell and ill pick it up.Or has anyone else got summit i could use?
The zer
The zer
Club Regular
Club Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down