East Coast Buggaz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lowered the rear on the bug.............

3 posters

Go down

Lowered the rear on the bug............. Empty Lowered the rear on the bug.............

Post  blacky Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:59 pm

i lowered the rear on the bug on sunday. i thought the stock height looked to high so i gave it a 2 spline drop. It was a mistake. it was way 2 low. It was so low it wouldnt even drive out the shed Laughing heres a pic

Lowered the rear on the bug............. 100_0832

so it was all taken apart again and rasied one spline which was perfect.

Lowered the rear on the bug............. 100_0840

Lowered the rear on the bug............. 100_0839

Lowered the rear on the bug............. 100_0838

and a before shot,

Lowered the rear on the bug............. 66beetle007

But then i had a bit of bad luck. went for a cruise down to hunstanton and on the way back the gear box went all tight and at time i had no gears at all. I managed to home. We think it is low on oil as i has been leaking a bit, so hopefully it will be ok pale
blacky
blacky
Club Regular
Club Regular

Back to top Go down

Lowered the rear on the bug............. Empty Re: Lowered the rear on the bug.............

Post  dominicmelton Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:04 am

looks good!
how is it now its filled with oil!?
dominicmelton
dominicmelton
Cal Looker
Cal Looker

Back to top Go down

Lowered the rear on the bug............. Empty Re: Lowered the rear on the bug.............

Post  blacky Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:19 am

i will find out later tonight, i got some oil today and we are going to jack her up tonight to have a look
blacky
blacky
Club Regular
Club Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  blacky Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:24 pm

Bad news. Found the oil leak problem. Which is a bolt missing on the bottom of the gear box which holds a bearing in place. It's been missing for years and over time it has let all the oil leak out. But at the moment we cant find a bolt which fits it. It's an odd ball size. But thats not all, the front gear box mount has broke as well. So the bug wont be coming down to the meet on thursday No

Does any one know what the bolt size might be? It at the back of the gear box underneath to the right
blacky
blacky
Club Regular
Club Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  dominicmelton Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:44 pm

that sucks man, bad luck.
ill ask someone i know who will know tomorrow for you!
dominicmelton
dominicmelton
Cal Looker
Cal Looker

Back to top Go down

Post  blacky Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:32 am

Good News! It wasent as bad as i thought. I got the gear box mount fitted which stopped the knocking when changing gears. After a clean up it was a bung missing not a bolt, and the gear box had plenty of oil in, only had to put about half a pint in. It still needs the bungs doing but been getting the crew cab ready for this weekend Wink
blacky
blacky
Club Regular
Club Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  The zer Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:01 am

Good to hear its ok mate.Did you ask that old dear about bits?
The zer
The zer
Club Regular
Club Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  blacky Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:50 am

yes mate, she hasent got back to me yet. She was going to have a look but wasent 100% sure if she had the bits Question
blacky
blacky
Club Regular
Club Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  The zer Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:11 am

cheers mate
The zer
The zer
Club Regular
Club Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down